Sunday, June 26, 2016

911 and business





Quiet please. I want to see how this conversation ends.  A good friend is on the phone babbling on and on and  giving me all the reasons why I should marry... that being able to do what I want, when I want, for as long as I want is no way for a human to live.

Depressed? Moribund? Relax. Could be worse. You could be Dan Quayle and  only be remembered for misspelling potato.

What Dr. Spock never told you on teaching children to respect their father.  I'd simply make them listen to a Marvin Gaye record and look at them sternly and say....Marvin's father killed him.


I should have figured out the date was going south when she asked me if Earth was my home planet.


















Dealing a blow to President Obama’s executive immigration 

order, the U.S. Supreme Court has deadlocked on a lower 

court's decision to block the plan, which would've provided 

relief from deportation and work permits to millions of 

people.


Maddie





















Turkey Grants Immunity From Prosecution To Security And Military Forces Fighting Kurds

by Darren Smith
By Darren Smith, Weekend Contributor
Flag of TurkeyIn what can be seen as a prelude to future rights abuses by Turkish military and police forces engaged in countering the pro-Kurdish resistance fighters in the east, Turkey's parliament passed laws granting immunity to its military engaged in "anti-terrorist" operations.
The government has become engaged in fighting since a cease-fire with the PKK broke down two years ago.
Read more of this post


When You Dial 911 and Wall Street Answers

By DANIELLE IVORY, BEN PROTESS and KITTY BENNETT

Since the 2008 financial crisis, private equity firms have increasingly taken over public services like emergency care and firefighting, often with dire effects.


No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner