Saturday, July 16, 2016

Pebble Beach



















Even dining with me can be dangerous!



Today I had one of my regular lunches with prominent Austin County attorney, photographer, and polymath Roland Darby and former U. S. Congressman Craig A Washington. This time we dined at Nathan's Barbecue in Brenham, where we had excellent food and enjoyable fellowship. As we were leaving the restaurant, I missed the step where the sidewalk ended and the parking lot began and experienced a painful fall. Upon returning to Brazos County, I immediately went to see my primary care physician Clint Cheng at CHI St, Joseph Family Medicine, who, following a thorough examination and several x-rays, determined I had broken a finger in my left hand. In addition, I sustained bruises on my left hand, bruises on both knees, and trauma to my left rotator cuff. He said I will be extremely sore for the next several days and that I should expect swelling and discoloration. Further, he wants me to keep a finger splint on the broken finger for the next six to eight weeks. Despite this mishap and the associated pain, I enjoyed my time with Craig and Roland.

=======================================================================

Citing internet impact, 6th Circuit says federal law doesn't require automatic release of mug shots

Jul 15, 2016, 8:30 am CDT



Kasey
















Brittiany






The Resurrection of Recep Erdogan: Democracy Prevails For The World’s Rising Dictator

by jonathanturley
220px-Recep_Tayyip_ErdoganTurkey's rising dictator, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has prevailed from a military coup -- a victory claimed in the name of the very democracy that Erdogan has been systemically disassembling. We have followed the ruin brought to the once fledging democracy of Turkey by Erdogan. His government has arrested the very journalists that he counted on to spread the word of his resistance, including Western reporters like Dutch journalist, Ebru Umar, a well-known atheist and feminist journalist. Umar wrote a piece critical of Erdoğan for the Dutch daily Metro, extracts of which she then tweeted. Her last tweet chillingly said “Police at the door. No joke." Now, with the support of the United States and opposition parties, Erdogan has cloaked himself as the very personification of freedom and is clearly moving to wipe out any remaining opposition in the military and country with the justification of the coup. While no one should support a military coup, we should not delude ourselves: a dictator has survived and democracy in Turkey will die with his rise.
Read more of this post

Stacy






Sasha G






Shot my best 9 holes of golf today, but


my most favorite day of golf happened in 2003 at Pebble Beach






No comments:

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner